Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Recommendation Needed - Software packages for tracking/securing patient records

From: Charles Greene2 <cgreene2 () MCVH-VCU EDU>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 10:47:28 -0500

Information on starting a transition to EHRs can be found at:
http://www.healthit.gov/providers-professionals/learn-basics-ehrs
http://www.healthit.gov/providers-professionals/ehr-implementation-steps

I would recommend choosing a certified product from
http://healthit.hhs.gov/CHPL

Good luck!  Hope this helps.

_____________________________________
Chip Greene

From:   "SCHALIP, MICHAEL" <mschalip () CNM EDU>
To:     SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU
Date:   01/24/2012 09:38 AM
Subject:        [SECURITY] Recommendation Needed - Software packages for
tracking/securing patient records
Sent by:        The EDUCAUSE Security Constituent Group Listserv
<SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU>

Hi Folks?.

Along the same lines of ?health centers? ? our Student Health Center is
still on paper records and has been told that they need to move to
?electronic records management?.  We have a student body of ~30,000, with
a total of ~50,000 active student health records at any given point in
time.  It?s a very small clinical setting with only 2-3 health providers,
but the data clearly falls under HIPAA.  We know we need to get them off
?paper?, but neither we, nor they, are sure what software packages they
should be looking at.

Any thoughts or opinions would be welcome?..

Thanks,

Michael Schalip
CNM Community College

--
believed to be clean.

NOTE: The information contained in this message may be privileged and
confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your
computer.
VCU Health System
http://www.vcuhealth.org