Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Register Now! Free SANS NetWars Webcast, 9/27, 2 pm ET

From: Kerry Havens <kerry.havens () COLORADO EDU>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 13:43:08 -0600

The SANS@EDU program very much still exists. Training budgets have been a bear to work with in the recent past, so
trying to gauge enough interest in courses in order to put them on hasn't been successful. This is why it is so
important for folks to let SANS know when you're looking for another course. Hopefully you have someone from your
institution that is a member of the SANS@EDU advisory board, if not, I'm sure Daryl Gilbertson (dgilbertson () sans
org) would love to hear from you.

In the meantime, I don't know of any 503 (Intrusion Detection In-Depth) courses coming up, but SANS is offering a buy
one, get one free deal on 401 (Security Essentials Bootcamp Style) for the course that starts October 11, 2011. This is
offered via vlive (online), so no travel is involved. E-mail Scott Hazen (shazen () sans org) if you're interested.

--
Kerry Havens