Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Data "Sharing" Policy

From: "Mclaughlin, Kevin (mclaugkl)" <mclaugkl () UCMAIL UC EDU>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 14:10:49 -0400

Hi Everyone:

The UC Data Protection policy can be found here:

http://www.uc.edu/ucit/policies.html

The interesting thing in my case is that it took almost 14 months to get this through our governance process and then
the faculty senate,  as you can imagine there were lots of re-writes on the way but it eventually made it all the way
through.

- Kevin

Kevin L. McLaughlin,  CISM, CISSP, GIAC-GSLC, CRISC, PMP, ITIL Master Certified
Assistant Vice President, Information Security & Special Projects
University of Cincinnati
513-556-9177

The University of Cincinnati is one of America's top public research institutions and the region's largest employer,
with a student population of more than 41,000.