Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Campus Single Sign-On

From: Morrow Long <morrow.long () YALE EDU>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 10:56:45 -0400

CAS?  Or SAML?

The answer is to both questions is yes.

-          Morrow

From: The EDUCAUSE Security Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU] On Behalf Of pmorley () mcdaniel edu
Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 10:02 AM
To: SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU
Subject: [SECURITY] Campus Single Sign-On

We are preparing to make some decisions around Single Sign-On for our campus
and are looking at SAML and CAS...

Does anyone have suggestions or recommendations on which route to go, and if
there are a good set of SSO management and implementation tools out there.
I've done a quick Google search and there is an awful lot of choices for
SSO.

Thanks.

Phillip Morley
Jr. Systems Administrator | Information Technology
McDaniel College
2 College Hill
Westminster, MD 21157
( Office: (410) 857-2540