Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Budget for PCI DSS SAQ D for Bookstore Operations

From: Joel Rosenblatt <joel () COLUMBIA EDU>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 14:08:11 -0400

SAQ D does not only mean you are storing credit cards .. it also applies when you have a "complicated network" - even if none of the machines are storing credit cards

A complicated network means that machines are connected together in some way - for example, if you are using a proxy
server for the traffic leaving your edge

I'm not an ISV, but I've played one on TV :-)

Joel