Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Manual locking workstations

From: "Sarazen, Daniel" <dsarazen () UMASSP EDU>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 07:38:23 -0400

Hi All,
If the control isn't managed at the Domain level (So the users can't set it to 600 minutes or turn it off completely) I
write up the observation. There is no substitute manual process, that I've seen, that I'll accept. Failure to have the
control in place makes nonrepudiation very difficult, at best.
My two cents... Thanks

[cid:image002.gif@01CBFFF7.17FDB8E0]

:: Daniel Sarazen, CISSP, CISA
:: Senior Information Technology Auditor
:: University Internal Audit
:: University of Massachusetts President's Office

:: 774-455-7558
:: 781-724-3377 Cell
:: 774-455-7550 Fax
:: Dsarazen () umassp edu<mailto:Dsarazen () umassp edu>

University of Massachusetts : 333 South St. : Suite 450 : Shrewsbury, MA 01545 :
www.massachusetts.edu<http://www.massachusetts.edu/>