Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: web filtering

From: Kevin Halgren <kevin.halgren () WASHBURN EDU>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 13:24:15 -0500

We use a SonicWall E8500, it's a multi-function appliance that does our edge firewall, network anti-virus, content filtering and traffic shaping. It has an anti-spam module as well, but we're still using our Barracudas for that. The E8500 does a good job for us. I'd be glad to put you in contact with our network admins who run it for more detailed information.

Kevin
---

Kevin Halgren
Assistant Director - Systems and Network Services
Washburn University
(785) 670-2341
kevin.halgren () washburn edu