Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: "Class Capture" technology

From: Dan Oachs <doachs () GAC EDU>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 12:48:10 -0500

About a month ago the same topic came up on the Research Channel Working Group list. Here is my response.

   We are also looking into meeting a similar requirement from our
   Faculty.  Our current test setup is using an HD Axis networked
   camera mounted in the back of the room.  The faculty would then
   schedule a recording via a website and in the backgroud we would
   have a server record the feed from the camera and email the faculty
   with a link to the video once it was completed.  It is not perfect
   and we have a lot of fine tuning to do, but in theory it seems to
   work well enough.

    Thanks,
        Dan Oachs