Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Netflow Analysis Software

From: "win-hied () bradjudy com" <win-hied () BRADJUDY COM>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 11:25:15 -0400

We use Lancope at Emory and have been pretty happy with the product.  We
recently refreshed our hardware and are looking forward to the major version
release
(http://netflowninjas.lancope.com/blog/2011/02/announcing-stealthwatch-60.html).
It's supposed to add some interesting new features.

We aren't using their sensors, just sFlow and Netflow out of our networking
gear.

I haven't used the Fluke or SloarWinds products, but Lancope seems to have more
of a security slant than those products (at least going by the webpages).

Brad Judy