Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Netflow Analysis Software

From: "Miller,James R" <millerj () UAKRON EDU>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 11:10:03 -0400

Kevin,
Thanks for your reply. We currently have a network spanning a little over 80 buildings with little insight on the
network traffic. We are probably looking at wanting to monitor around 5000 ports and are currently using the Cisco MARS
appliance they purchased over 3 years ago which was pretty much a waste of money. It does some minimal netflow
collection and does not produce much in the way of reporting. A GUI would be very helpful for our engineers in an
overview of the current network status.
Thanks,
Jim

Jim Miller