Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: A "physical security" question - "cameras" versus "boots on the ground" - best practices

From: Barron Hulver <Barron.Hulver () OBERLIN EDU>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 15:35:27 -0400

I agree with that we tend to use both and that the security systems are becoming integrated into the network. My group (central IT infrastructure) handles many of the security cameras on campus simply because the data center and most of the computer labs are covered. Some of the cameras are monitored 24x7 while some are just recorded to a network video recorder. We also support some of the infrastructure for our card-access system.

Barron

Barron Hulver
Director of Networking, Operations, and Systems
Center for Information Technology
Oberlin College
148 West College Street
Oberlin, OH  44074