Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: AD self service password reset ?

From: "Gallese, Brady T." <gallese () SUSQU EDU>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 16:41:42 +0000

All,

Over winter break, we installed Web Active Directory's People Password.
(http://www.webactivedirectory.com/products/peoplepassword/).  We only use it for students at this time, but it has
been working well, and was easy to deploy.  Students can now unlock their own account, reset their password if they
forgot it, or reset the pw if it expired.  You can pre-populate the questions/answers with data you already have (we
used last 4 of SSN and DOB), or choose to do an enrollment process where students choose their own questions/answers.
Additionally, it can send out e-mails to students warning them that their passwords will expire or have expired.  We
demo'd/eval'd a few products and found this one to have the features we needed, for the right price.

Thanks,
Brady

Brady Gallese ‘07
Technical Services Helpdesk Engineer
Office of Information Technology
Susquehanna University
514 University Avenue
Selinsgrove, PA 17870-1164
570.372.4470
gallese () susqu edu
[cid:AC34BA22-7B2A-45FE-B215-A936175DC909]