Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Enabling a job applicant to resume a submission later

From: Clifford Collins <collinsc () FRANKLIN EDU>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 16:08:37 -0500

Folks,
I've been approached by one of IT's analysts about a potential project our HR department is contemplating that would
enhance our current, home-spun, online job application service. HR wishes to allow a job applicant to resume filling
out an application over the course of multiple sessions and over many days.

We are still a year or more away from implementing an IdM solution that would enable us to give them a unique login.
Also, I would not assume they would use the same workstation each time. The analyst has his own idea for a solution but
I am interested in first finding out what you list members might think of for a solution.

Do any of you have or can you suggest an interim solution? What are the privacy and/or security considerations?

Thanks for your help!

Clifford A. Collins
Information Security Officer
Franklin University