Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Enabling a job applicant to resume a submission later

From: Clifford Collins <collinsc () FRANKLIN EDU>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 12:47:51 -0500

Thank you to everyone who replied to my query. The IT analyst I referred to earlier was grateful for your ideas and
feedback. He was thinking along similar lines to Jeffrey Schiller's suggestion with the added feature of e-mailing the
applicant a hyperlink with a very long hexadecimal access code attached. The hyperlink would take them back to the form
with the last set of answers they saved and allow them to continue until they hit the submit button. Then the access
code would be destroyed. Obviously, one of the first fields to be filled out and saved by an applicant would be their
e-mail address.

Again, thanks to all of you who thought about this challenge and responded!

Clifford A. Collins
Information Security Officer
Franklin University
201 South Grant Avenue