Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Laptop encryption experiences

From: Allison F Dolan <adolan () MIT EDU>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 07:29:58 -0500

Rich - one reason to consider FDE is compliance related - in Massachusetts, there is a regulatory requirement to
encrypt personal data on laptops (and other portable devices)  and in other states, if the lost/stolen laptop has been
encrypted, then you don't need to notify

......Allison  Dolan (617-252-1461)