Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Degausser

From: Greg Schaffer <schaffer () MTSU EDU>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 16:05:08 -0500

Thank you everyone for your response; they are much appreciated.

On a side note, what wasn't appreciated was that a vendor apparently
monitoring this list cold called me about their degausser product, noticing
that I had mentioned a need "on line" (note this is the only place I have
inquired).  I thought there were list rules about such; I guess next time I
will need to clarify that I am looking for suggestions/recommendations from
higher ed peers, not vendors or resellers (sigh).

Greg

Greg Schaffer, CISSP

Assistant Vice President

Network and Information Technology Security

Middle Tennessee State University

615 898-5753