Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: LDAPS

From: "Kellogg, Brian D." <bkellogg () SBU EDU>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 11:58:53 -0400

Thanks

We want both to be used without interruption to unsecured LDAP access.

I really do not want to set up an internal CA just to issue certs to my DCs in order to get one piece of software to
function.  Eric Lukens made some good points that made me think twice about using a third party cert.  I hate adding
complexity to a well running system for little or no reason.

We  may be looking for another product to fulfill our needs.  Bummer, their pricing was excellent.

Thanks,
Brian