Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Schools using SourceFire for IPS

From: Brad Judy <win-hied () BRADJUDY COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 16:25:13 -0400

We're currently evaluating options for an IPS replacement project and we're
interested in hearing from any EDU's who have deployed SourceFire equipment
in an in-line IPS mode.  We've spoken with a few schools using their
products, but so far all of them have been using it in an IDS capacity and
not blocking.  We'd be interested in setting up a call to discuss your
experiences with the product.

No contact from vendors of this, or other, products please.  I will consider
any such contact a violation of the rules of this list and ask that you be
removed (the diminishing value of public lists due to vendor harassment is a
pet peeve of mine).

Thanks,

Brad Judy

Emory University