Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Current Best Practice regarding Password Change policy

From: Greg Washburn <gwashburn () MBC EDU>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 08:47:12 -0400

    SECURITY Index - 22 Sep 2010 to 23 Sep 2010 (#2010-201)

We have different requirements based on roles.  Students or ADJFaculty would
be different than IT staff for example.  For us this was easily accomplished
with fine grained password settings based on group membership in AD.

For us, we felt it was clear that some groups would have no need to follow
the same stringent password requirements as other groups.

Greg Washburn

CISSP, CCNA, MCSE

Sr. Network/System Admin

540.887.7352