Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Wireless access by users with multiple devices

From: Bob Bayn <bob.bayn () USU EDU>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 17:21:44 -0600

We just doubled our wireless subnet last week by adding another /20 and watched as it "filled up" over the course of a
few days.  We hadn't noted that our increased demand was particularly due to simultaneous  use of multiple devices
registered to the same owner, though.  Our policies and services are not sensitive to that attribute.  Our device
registration system does not limit the number of devices that an individual can register.

Bob Bayn        (435)797-2396      Security Team coordinator
             http://tinyurl.com/I-Need-a-Kidney
Office of Information Technology   at  Utah State University