Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

documenting network and security requirements for a data center network upgrade

From: Alex Keller <alkeller () SFSU EDU>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 18:22:53 -0700

hello folks,

our systems team is in the process of  re-architecting the networking
infrastructure and security capabilities in our modest datacenter (4
racks including SAN, highly virtualized under ESX). the networking team
has asked us to construct a list of requirements that will inform the
design process, but we haven't been provided a lot of guidance. based
upon our research on how to properly document high level project
requirements we have developed an outline as such:

Introduction
Historical summary
Purpose of this document
Project objective