Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: copyright infringement notices volume

From: Chris Green <cmgreen () UAB EDU>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 09:45:25 -0500

I'm attributing it to automation on the notification side, especially WRT BitTorrent.  On the plus side, I've had fewer
completely bogus complaints of late (being defined as "that IP ain't active").

I'm sure HEOA has some to do with it since we have an obligation to respond, it helps push business case for efforts
like http://main.uab.edu/Sites/it/faqs/52378/  We aren't staffed for complaints on the weekends and I've also noticed
that some providers are really good at sending one notice out for every IP or every episode of a TV series.