Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: copyright infringement notices volume

From: Dick Jacobson <Dick.Jacobson () NDUS EDU>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 13:50:47 -0500

On Tue, 14 Sep 2010, Smith, Bob wrote:

We are getting flooded. I assumed the agents knew school was starting and hit it hard.

I have been asked by our CIO to see if any other schools are experiencing a "higher than normal" amount of copyright
infringement notices.

We have had a significant increase this year compared to last year.  Our numbers in the first 3 ? weeks of school are more
than triple that from all of last year.  We were thinking it may be attributable to the new HEOA enforcement date that
recently took effect or maybe it's just an unexplainable anomaly. :)

Your feedback is appreciated.

Thanks.

Bob Smith
AVP IITS & Information Security Officer
Longwood University

    Dick Jacobson               e-mail : Dick.Jacobson () ndus edu
    NDUS IT Security Officer    office : STTC 219
                        phone  : 701-231-6280