Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Need help with your security awareness? Check out these new EDUCAUSE resources!

From: Ben Woelk <fbwis () RIT EDU>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 16:24:28 -0400

Having trouble with security awareness at your university or college? Need some new ideas? Trying to figure out what to
do for National Cyber Security Awareness Month?

The members of the HEISC Awareness and Training Working Group have created some wiki-based resources to help you with
your security awareness initiatives.

We've created two main resources.

*         The Quick Start Guide (https://wiki.internet2.edu:443/confluence/x/sRpG) provides ideas and resources for
launching a security awareness program. Topics range from establishing an Information Security Awareness Program to
different techniques and vehicles for "getting the message out." The Quick Start Guide is useful for both beginning and
advanced security awareness programs.

*         The Detailed Instruction Manual (https://wiki.internet2.edu:443/confluence/x/yBpG) provides additional topics
around selected security awareness initiatives including campus-specific efforts and tips on communicating specific
issues.

Check out these resources. We're delighted to share our ideas with you and we're there to help you be successful. We
have a wide range of expertise and we believe you'll find these materials valuable.

Ben Woelk '07
Co-chair, Awareness and Training Working Group
EDUCAUSE/Internet2 Higher Education Information Security Council

Policy and Awareness Analyst
Information Security Office
Rochester Institute of Technology
Ross 10-A204
151 Lomb Memorial Drive
Rochester, New York 14623
585.475.4122
585.475.7920 fax
ben.woelk () rit edu<mailto:ben.woelk () rit edu>
http://security.rit.edu/dsd.html

Become a fan of RIT Information Security at http://rit.facebook.com/profile.php?id=6017464645

Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/RIT_InfoSec

Follow my Infosec Communicator blog at http://benwoelk.wordpress.com