Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Intermediate Certificate

From: "Yonesy F. Nunez" <yonesy.nunez () NEWSCHOOL EDU>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 09:37:29 -0400

We had this issue about 3 weeks ago when we renewed one of our main systems.
Suffice it to say the system did not fall into the cookie-cutter category
and it took us a couple of days to track down the solution for properly
updating the certificate chain on that system.  I suggest that the folks
that have not done this yet to take an inventory of all their systems and
ensure that they have all the steps in place for updating the TCRA with the
subordinate/intermediate CA.  The solution is to ensure that you are able to
successfully update the TCRA for each of your systems.  It's a good thing
that these events don't happen too often.

Best regards,

Yonesy