Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

EDUCAUSE Live! 9/17: Spotlight on Cloud Computing: Impact!

From: Valerie Vogel <vvogel () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 14:32:26 -0600

"Spotlight on Cloud Computing: Impact!"

http://www.educause.edu/live1026

1-2pm U.S. Eastern Time, Friday, September 17. No charge, but
registration required. Archived for future (re)viewing.

Speaker:

Theresa Rowe
Chief Information Officer
Oakland University

The "Cloud" suggests a soft landing, but our organizations can be hit
hard by change. Early experiences are suggesting we need to examine and
understand our own cultures when we select cloud sourcing of storage,
applications and services. Is the cloud service an extension of your
culture or are you adapting to their culture? What management and
organizational challenges are presented? Let's explore the impact of
cloud services on our organizations.

EDUCAUSE Live! on Twitter:

Use #EDULive to discuss this or any EDUCAUSE Live! Webcast on Twitter
before or after the event.

EDUCAUSE Live! events are open to all. Feel free to redistribute this
message.