Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: IM trojan

From: Jesse Thompson <jesse.thompson () DOIT WISC EDU>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 09:39:45 -0500

It would be interesting to find out if organizations that maintain their own IM system (Jabber/XMPP or otherwise) are less susceptible to this type of threat.

If an organization does not offer a local IM service, do employees use the "big" IM services to communicate, and does that make the organization more vulnerable?

Conversely, if an organization has a local IM services, do a significant number of employees still sign in to the "big" IM services while they are at work anyway?

Jesse