Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: iPad and access to university ERP

From: Matthew Gracie <graciem () CANISIUS EDU>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 19:37:56 -0400

Dave Koontz wrote:
But, if they "force" VPN connections to access the RDP desktop
session to begin with, you have the VPN security in front of the
weaker MS RDP encryption.  Seems safe enough to me.

The original post only says that VPN use is forced from off-campus. If
this person is using RDP over the local wireless on-campus, then the
40-bit crypto could be all that's protecting the session if the wireless
network doesn't require 802.1x.

--Matt