Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Please do not change your password

From: Don Cochran <dcochran () SCIPPINTERNATIONAL ORG>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 13:46:00 -0400

In our course we teach the learner to choose an easy to remember, but hard
to guess password and suggest that a password such as your favorite football
team would be a good choice.

We then teach them how to apply a couple easy to follow rules..after
discussing and showing them an example.

Ex: New York Giants.pretty easy to remember, huh?

Now apply the rules which were discussed an you come up with something like:

Ny_G1@nts

At least 8 characters long, and a mix of cap and non-cap letters, numbers
and special characters.

Don Cochran

Director, Business Development

SCIPP International

1964 Gallows Road, Suite 320

Vienna, Virginia 22182

United States of America

+1 703.637.4422 (Direct)

+1 703.599-0666 (Cell)

+1 703. 637-4371 (Fax)

 <http://www.SCIPPinternational.org> www.SCIPPinternational.org

Ansi100x100.jpg           SCIPP International

"The Security Awareness Certification Company"