Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Please do not change your password

From: John Ladwig <John.Ladwig () CSU MNSCU EDU>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 11:08:52 -0500

There's only a few passwords I actually remember.  Everything else is in one or another wallet of some form or other.

Some security professionals have been on record for some time *advocating* writing down passwords:

  http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2005/06/write_down_your.html

Yes, 2k5.

   -jml

Allison Dolan <adolan () MIT EDU> 2010-04-15 11:04 >>>
good point!    given the number of security professionals who write
down passwords, this is a case of 'do as I say, not as I do'...

......Allison  Dolan (617-252-1461)