Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Are users right in rejecting security advice?

From: John Ladwig <John.Ladwig () CSU MNSCU EDU>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 12:58:26 -0500

You missed one crucial piece of context when quoting:

"Imagine the relative ease in defending your viewing of an employee’s
Facebook page if you have this consent in hand:"

The consent blurb you quote is hypothetical, and I don't think it's a
good idea, nor likely to get past HR or Counsel review (in consultation
with InfoSec), I'd hope.

   -jm

Kevin Wilcox <wilcoxkm () APPSTATE EDU> 2010-03-18 12:45 >>>
On 18 March 2010 12:56, Katie Weaver <katie.weaver () awareity com>