Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Lost & Found mobile devices

From: "Plesco, Todd" <tplesco () CHAPMAN EDU>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 15:14:27 -0800

I like a combination approach: If the mobile storage item does not have minimum identifying marks (name & phone #) then
it will be destroyed after a specific waiting period.

I have hesitation to even return the item to the supposed rightful owner though assuming the slight chance of malware
or incorrect owner.

Todd A. Plesco  CISM, CBCP
Chapman University, Director of Information Security
One University Drive, Orange, CA 92866
Phone: (714) 744-7979/Fax: (714) 744-7041