Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

HIPAA Business Associate/Identity Theft Prevention Agreement

From: Steven Bourdon <sbourdon () SOUTHTEXASCOLLEGE EDU>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 12:44:18 -0600

Hello All,

I just received an agreement from a local hospital requesting we sign as
a "business associate" under HIPAA and "service provider" for FTC Red
Flag Rules.   Other than a nursing program with student clinical
rotations performed at local hospitals we don't deal with protected
health information on campus.  This is a new area for me so I'm curious
if others have signed similar agreements for their health programs with
local health providers for student clinical activities.

Thanks,

Steven M. Bourdon, CISO

South Texas College

"