Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Listserv's

From: Neil Gaede <neil () STTHOM EDU>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 15:06:35 -0600

People around here have the bad habit of referring to the lists
themselves as "listserves"; in conversations with those folks I always
make it a point to refer to them as "mailing lists".

I've been monkeying with Sympa off and on for the last year or two.
Sympa 6 does improve many things, but even with the improvements to
the web interface it's still a little obtuse. Its LDAP integration and
dynamic list capabilities are two major reasons why I started looking
at it in the first place, and the fact that it's free didn't hurt
either.

Neil Gaede
Systems Administrator
University of St. Thomas - Houston