Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Listserv's

From: Joe Vieira <jvieira () CLARKU EDU>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 16:11:34 -0500

We use Sympa, have somewhere in the high thousands (7,000+) of lists.
Sympa also integrates with openLDAP really nice.

Joe Vieira
Manager, Systems Administration
Clark University

Valdis Kletnieks wrote:
On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 14:46:56 CST, "Julian Y. Koh" said:

To be pedantic, "listserv" refers itself to a specific software package.
:)  But perhaps it's been Kleenexed or Xeroxed.  :)

I have the LSoft 20th anniversary shirt that says 'There is only one LISTSERV'.
Eric Thomas told me they paid for the shirts out of their "trademark protection"
budget, not their "advertising" budget - the term hasn't gone generic yet.

The scary part is I've been working with it long enough to know *why* it
was called the 'Revised' Listserv 2 decades plus ago. ;)

Yes, we run the LSoft software.  8,441 lists defined at the moment.