Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Patching iTunes and Firefox

From: Jason Chambers <jchambers () UCLA EDU>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 21:00:08 -0800

Christianson, Lorrayne K. wrote:
We are reviewing the products we place on our “standard image” and, as
in years past, are faced with more and more products which our clients
want, but are hard to patch and keep secure. So we are looking for
feedback on how others are dealing with patching products such as iTunes
and Firefox.

I think the 3rd party patching effort being made by Secunia is worth
investigating.

http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/corporate/wsus_3rd_party_patching/

Some background information (about 1 year old) is here:

http://www.darkreading.com/security/app-security/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=216900303

If anyone knows other vendors doing similar work, please chime in.

Regards,

--Jason