Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Email Spam (inbound and outbound) and Malware Protection

From: Jesse Thompson <jesse.thompson () DOIT WISC EDU>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 15:27:14 -0600

On 01/29/2010 09:51 AM, Feehan, Patrick wrote:
We are polling members to determine how they perform e-mail spam and
malware protection:

· How many outsource spam protection (e.g., to Postini)?

no

· How many perform spam protection in-house (e.g., using Ironport or
Forefront)?

yes

· In either case, what service or application do you use?

Sophos PureMessage directly integrated with our MTA (as opposed to a gateway configuration)

· In general, are you satisfied with your solution?

Yes

Any feedback is appreciated.

*/Patrick J. Feehan JD, CIPP
/*Director of IT Privacy & Cybersecurity Compliance
Montgomery College
(240) 567-3087
patrick.feehan () montgomerycollege edu
<mailto:Patrick.Feehan () montgomerycollege edu>