Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: SPF or Text DNS Records for Outbound Campus Mail

From: Sam Stelfox <SStelfox () VTC VSC EDU>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 08:36:32 -0500

We instituted SPF records on our domains about a year and a half ago. I
haven't seen or heard complaints about spoofed emails since. The only
issue I've had other than that was when we switched mail servers around
and I forgot about the SPF records. Probably a good thing to note in any
documentation you have in regards to upgrading server. Other than that
it's been pretty 'set and forget' for us.