Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: ISO 27000

From: Heidi Wachs <hlw9 () GEORGETOWN EDU>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 12:01:34 -0500

We are in the process of reviewing and updating many of our policies,
including our Security Policy.  We are using ISO 27002 as a guide in
this work and incorporating many of the elements, although not as a
strict framework.

When, eventually, these new policies make it all the way through the
drafting, vetting, and approval process, I'd be happy to share them. :)

Heidi

Leilani Lauger wrote:
We are trying to gather information about how our peers are using the
ISO 27000 standards.  Is anyone using standards to formally evaluate a
security program or as a framework for building a new program?  Are
they being used as a complete body of work or to inform individual
aspects of a security program?

We appreciate any feedback.

Thank you,

Leilani Lauger
Information Security Officer
Loyola University Chicago
773.508.6086
llauger () luc edu

--
Heidi L. Wachs, Esq.
Director of IT Policy and Privacy Officer