Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: ISO 27000

From: Scott Sweren <ssweren () UDEL EDU>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 08:10:11 -0500

We are doing the same but are not as far in the process.  I am in the middle of performing the analysis at this point
in time to determine what the gaps are.

Scott

Scott Sweren
Information Security Officer
University of Delaware
ssweren () udel edu

On Jan 14, 2010, at 4:20 PM, Lorenz, Eva wrote:

We performed an initial gap analysis to determine weaknesses in our existing controls, covered both by laws, policies
as well as procedures.

As a starting point, 27001/2 are helpful to prioritize areas that need improvement and focus investments when budget
is too tight to address every aspect (and budget is always too tight).

Please contact me off list, if you need additional information.

-       Eva

Eva Lorenz
ITS Security
2800 ITS Manning