Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Stats re: passwords

From: "Don M. Blumenthal" <don () DONBLUMENTHAL COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 12:42:57 -0400

One person that I know in the security community doesn't believe in password
rules like these because they are a pain to type and could be forgotten, if
nothing else wrt whether a letter is capitalized or not. Where the system
allows long pws, he advocates long, easy to remember sentences, such as
IhatestrongpasswordrulesmorethanIhateBrusselssprouts."

Don