Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: banned email servers

From: Jesse Thompson <jesse.thompson () DOIT WISC EDU>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 11:31:05 -0600

We greylist messages from any IP addresses on these lists, and we blacklist if the IP address is on 2-4 of the lists (we use the lists in a weighted scoring system to determine to blacklist.)

dnsbl-2.uceprotect.net
bl.spamcop.net
cbl.abuseat.org
dnsbl.sorbs.net
dnsbl-1.uceprotect.net
dnsbl-3.uceprotect.net

Mark Monroe wrote:
Anyone have a good/current list of ip addresses or subnets that you do not accept any email from?

We are putting new filtering in and much of our data is old.. I was hoping someone would have a current/active list. If you do not want to post it out to the discussion list, you could send it to me personally.

Thank you,

Mark Monroe

Systems Security Analyst – Principal

University Of Missouri St. Louis

--
  Jesse Thompson
  Division of Information Technology, University of Wisconsin-Madison