Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Updated Data Protection Contract Language page to v2

From: "Soldi, Miguel" <MSoldi () UTSYSTEM EDU>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 12:21:11 -0600

Colleagues,

I am happy to let you know that the Data Protection Contract Language wiki page has been updated.  The link to the
revised wiki  is https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/itsg2/Data+Protection+Contractual+Language

The revision  expands the scope of the wiki from focusing on contract language needed to address data protection when
purchasing information technology (IT) products and services to data protection requirements throughout the entire
procurement cycle - from requirements gathering and vendor selection to contract monitoring.  Additions to the wiki
include:

*         A section on the three steps of procurement with corresponding sections on:

o   Vendor Selection

o   Contract Negotiation

o   Contract Monitoring

*         A section on Request for Proposals (RFPs) and similar documents

*         Sample RFP language, in addition to the sample contract clauses,  for each of the original decision tree
themes

o   Core security language,

o   Language specific to regulations,

o   Language related to common security items, and

o   Language related to special conditions

*         A section on Third-Party risk assessments, and

*         A section on Contract Monitoring

I hope this resource proves to be useful to you.  I welcome and appreciate your feedback.  Thanks.

ms

Miguel Soldi

UT System Systemwide Compliance -  Information Security

UT System Administration

Phone:  512-499-4217

Email:  msoldi () utsystem edu