Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Multiple of Single User Accounts

From: "Flynn, Gerald" <flynngn () JMU EDU>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 08:41:09 -0400

-----Original Message-----
Another concern we haven't thought all the way
through is if faculty (and maybe some staff) want to use the outsourced
accounts to take part in things like collaboration tools with students,
do we allow it - and if so how do we manage this second account.

We've been having that same discussion. Mostly around whether we create
the accounts by default, perhaps in a disabled or unknown password
state, or whether we create the accounts upon request. I'm personally
leaning toward creating them ahead of time for faculty but not for
administrative personnel.