Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Sensitive Information Survey

From: "Basgen, Brian" <bbasgen () PIMA EDU>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 12:57:54 -0700

 Keep in mind that the key component of your effort is a risk-based focus. Addressing any particular gap can be very
time consuming, thus it is important to focus on the biggest risks first.

 For example, our institution (3300 staff/faculty) has an enormous number of protected information eddies. It is
actually pretty challenging to find a department at any of our colleges that doesn't have protected information of some
form. A portion of the time, just having the discussion about identifying confidential information will result in risk
mitigation.

Brian Basgen
Information Security
Pima Community College