Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Sensitive Information Survey

From: Joel Rosenblatt <joel () COLUMBIA EDU>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 17:39:44 -0400

Hi,

As a suggestion, you may want to have a data classification policy in place to completely define what data you are
looking for - here is a pointer to our
policy for an example (just in case you don't have one already)

<http://www.columbia.edu/cu/administration/policylibrary/policies/00bb9c67198088230119b4fac83a0003/8_-_Data_Classification_Policy_-_final_1209922329978.pdf>

Good luck - we are currently doing a scan of administrative desktops looking for sensitive information, it's a fun
project :-)

Joel Rosenblatt

Joel Rosenblatt, Manager Network & Computer Security
Columbia Information Security Office (CISO)
Columbia University, 612 W 115th Street, NY, NY 10025 / 212 854 3033
http://www.columbia.edu/~joel