Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

The role of Information Security in BC

From: "Stephen C. Gay" <sgay () KENNESAW EDU>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 08:37:29 -0400

I would like to solicit the group's opinion on the following question:

What is the role of Information Security in Business Continuity implementation?

An important point:
- There is no question that InfoSec is a critical player in Incident Response, Disaster Recovery, and Business
Continuity Planning (key word "planning"). The question isn't about any of those scenarios, but rather when
availability is non-existant, critical infrastructures have been disabled, and life safety is at the forefront...what
is the role of Information Security?

While I think the answer will vary from institution to institution, I am very interested in your individual thoughts
and plans.

Warm regards,

Stephen C Gay   CISSP
ITS Associate Director - Information Security Office
KSU Information Security Officer
sgay () kennesaw edu