Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Information Security at your Institution

From: "Basgen, Brian" <bbasgen () PIMA EDU>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 14:26:59 -0700

Hi Daniel,

 Have you had a look at the recent ECAR publication: "The Career of an IT Security Officer in Higher Ed".
        http://www.educause.edu/Resources/TheCareeroftheITSecurityOffice/174273

 It is a good study of our field with a specific focus on the ISO. It doesn't directly address your question, but
contains some discussion on how IT security is handled as it relates to the ISO.

Brian Basgen
Information Security
Pima Community College
Office: 520-206-4873