Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Information Security at your Institution

From: Daniel Bennett <dbennett () PCT EDU>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 13:03:26 -0400

Hello All,

I am conducting some research on how Institutions have organized their "IT Security" departments.  I have the following
questions:

1. How many students and employees are at your institution?
2. How many units/departments are dedicated to IT Security (Risk Assessments, System & Network Security, Compliance,
etc)?
3. How many full-time and part-time employees are there in your security units?
4.  Do you have any cross departmental committees or units that handle security matters?

Thank you in advance for your responses.  Once I receive this information I will send a compiled summary to the list.

Daniel Bennett
IT Security Analyst
Pennsylvania College of Technology
One College Ave