Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Remote Access for Library Resources Alternatives

From: "Michael J. Wheeler" <mwheeler () PITTSTATE EDU>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 08:14:20 -0500

Jim,

Our library has been using EZProxy for quite some time (several years).
Right now it authenticates against LDAP, but we are working with our
library staff to get it integrated into our Shibboleth IdP.

--
Michael J. Wheeler
Assistant Director, Systems and Networking

Miller,James R wrote:
We are currently looking for an alternative solution for off campus
users to access Library resources. There are many complaints about the
difficulty of setting up their VPN clients and the Library would like to
look at something that may be an easier solution. Since many of the
library resources require the user to be coming from our University
subnet, I have looked at a couple of options. One of them being EZProxy,
from OCLC.org

Does anyone have any experience with this product or perhaps have an
alternative solution in place?

Thanks,

Jim Miller

/Jim Miller/